In the last few decades Sikhs around the world have dealt with extreme pain and sorrow. Our most respected Sachkhand Sri Harimandir Sahib and several other Gurdwaras around Punjab were attacked by the Indian Army in 1984. Sri Akal Takhat Sahib and several other Gurdwaras were destroyed during this assault. Priceless items of historical significance were lost forever when the Sikh Reference library was deliberately set on fire. Sikh treasure (Toshakhana) was looted and what remained, set on fire as well. This systematic destruction of Sikh history was followed by a very well planned genocide marked by the extra-judicial mass killings of thousands of innocent Sikhs in Punjab, wiping out an entire generation.
After attacking us and our institutions physically, the Indian agencies are now working very hard to raise doubts in our trust and respect for Gurbaani.
As a part of this deep conspiracy,
1) so called ‘scholars’ in western Universities have initiated a systematic attempt, under the garb of ‘research,’ to challenge the fact that the living embodiment of the ten Guru Sahiban, Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee is ‘Dhur kee Baani: the Revealed Word’.
2) deliberate attempts are being made to distance the innocent and sincere Sikhs by raising doubts about:
- Khanday dee Pahul by challenging the authenticity of Banis read while preparing the Amrit,
- the age old Ardaas,
- other compositions of Guru Gobind Singh jee in Sri Dasam Granth and
- the works of Bhai Sahib Bhai Gurdas jee, all of which are an inseparable part of the Panth.
3) historical events including those related to Guru Sahiban are being purposely distorted to shake the faith of Sikhs in their rich traditions and practice of the faith.
It is time for us to raise awareness about these attempts to create divisions in the Panth.
TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THESE CONSPIRACIES AND REALIZE THE TRUTH,
THE ENTIRE DEVOUT SIKH SANGAT IS INVITED TO ATTEND
A SPECIAL SEMINAR TITLED
LEGACY OF THE KHALSA: THE ETERNAL SCRIPTURES
ON JULY 27TH 2013 AT GURDWARA SAHIB SAN JOSE, CA USA
AUGUST 3RD 2013 AT GURDWARA DASMESH DARBAR, WOODBRIDGE TOWNSHIP, NJ USA
SIKH SCHOLARS PARTICIPATING IN THE SEMINAR INCLUDE:
GIANI SHER SINGH (GURD. MANJI SAHIB, AMBALA), DR. JODH SINGH (PUNJABI UNIVERSITY), DR. HARBHAJAN SINGH (PUNJABI UNIVERSITY),
DR. SUKHMANDER SINGH, DR. AMARJIT SINGH BAL, GURINDER SINGH MANN (ENGLAND), GURCHARANJIT SINGH LAMBA, DR. GURTEJ SINGH